CC vs MM down on a 46mm YZ450

5 replies to this topic
  • motocrosschump

Posted September 26, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Right now my bike is revalved by Factory Connection and I feel the fork is riding in the mid stroke much of the time. Its at 135mm down, but I want to bring it to 120mm. At the same time I don't want to break the forks down to measure, is there an conversion between cc's of oil and the measurement from the top?

• fershy

Posted September 26, 2004 - 07:21 AM

pi (r*r) h
3.141527 (23*23)15= volume in cc's
fershy

• motocrosschump

Posted September 26, 2004 - 09:46 AM

well I am good at math, but that theory work if the tube was empty. so I was hoping someone already did that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smegol

Posted September 26, 2004 - 07:20 PM

I think its roughly 1mL of oil for every 1mm of oil level.You might want to test it out yourself first as i'm not 100% sure.

• motocrosschump

Posted September 27, 2004 - 04:05 AM

Thanks Bro.

• fershy

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:06 PM

You might want to pull your compression spring, drop it in a graduated cylinder and measure its displacement per cm/spring and report back to us.
fershy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.