WR into a YZ ?

7 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted September 26, 2004 - 05:33 AM

I know it may be sinful, but considering that I do my riding mostly on mx track these days, I want to lighten up my WR a bit. So I'm considering YZ-ing my wr.

I'm sure it has been done in the past, and I have a pretty good idea on what to do to acheive my objective. Quick/easy YZ/WR transformation.

But I'd like to know what some of you did and to what extend you went to YZ your WR ?

:cry:
Thanks

• vantolr

Posted September 26, 2004 - 05:41 AM

There are literally 100s, if not 1000s of post on doing this......WROOSTER on the WR250F forum just did some good writeups with a number of links to former posts.....SEARCH!

Also, start here: http://www.thumperfaq.com/

• Sylvain

Posted September 26, 2004 - 06:12 AM

• Dual_Dog

Posted September 27, 2004 - 01:23 PM

So I'm considering YZ-ing my wr.
Quick/easy YZ/WR transformation.

But I'd like to know what some of you did and to what extend you went to YZ your WR ? :cry: Thanks

IMS YZ tank which necessitates a YZ-style seat (Moose Gripper) & YZ radiator shrouds, YZ rear fender, YZ timing, Acerbis front number plate, Dr. 'D' full exhaust system, external coolant reservoir gone, kickstand gone. Definitely puts the bike on the Anna-Nicole Smith weight-loss program and drops off 10 pounds easliy, if not more.

No problems with the fuel petcock being on the right side either with the YZ tank. Just need a new longer fuel line (and zip-ties) routed up and over the carb to the inlet.

After coming off an XR650L recently, this bike feels like a 250! Power to weight ratio is unmatched, except for another WR!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRSTEVE

Posted September 29, 2004 - 11:36 AM

The most noticeable difference will be the tank/seat swap out, I also changed my sub-frame and rear wheel to 19" as well as did the YZ timing.
all in all you will be glad you made the change. :cry:

• Sylvain

Posted October 01, 2004 - 05:41 AM

I plan to do the YZ timing next time I check the valves. I understand well the reason to go with the 19 inch rear wheel. I have already the YZ seat and tank set. As a matter of fact I have an Acerbis 3.4 gal tank and the oem yz tank.
But why a YZ subframe ?

Thanks

• WRSTEVE

Posted October 05, 2004 - 12:47 PM

I plan to do the YZ timing next time I check the valves. I understand well the reason to go with the 19 inch rear wheel. I have already the YZ seat and tank set. As a matter of fact I have an Acerbis 3.4 gal tank and the oem yz tank.
But why a YZ subframe ?

Thanks

The YZ Sub is made out of aluminum, which shaves off some weight. :cry:

• chipwich

Posted October 05, 2004 - 02:25 PM

the wr subframe is made out of aluminum

Edit: Oops. i see he is riding a 426. my bad. the 450s are aluminum.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.