Off idle bog with #40 leak jet - (Anyone sick of this topic?)

7 replies to this topic
  • GrahamO

Posted September 25, 2004 - 07:15 PM

I finally got a #40 leak jet and I'm still experiencing off idle bog. 2/3 throttle still shuts 'er down. First thoughts anyone? Has anyone had complete success getting rid of the bog?

'03 WR450 - open stock exhaust, 168 main, 45 pilot, f-screw @ 1 3/4, jd blue #4, 0 feet elevation.

• chipwich

Posted September 25, 2004 - 08:46 PM

why don't you try disconecting your TPS? it's as easy as unplugging a connector, and you can hook it right back up if you don't like the results. just a thought, since nothing else has worked for you.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 26, 2004 - 02:34 PM

Make sure you run your idle on the high side. Try a 48 pilot and a 170 main. You can also plug your leak jet. :cry:

• GrahamO

Posted September 26, 2004 - 04:04 PM

I'll consider plugging the leak jet... if everyone is convinced that a lean condition is causing the problem.

I just swapped 170/50 out for the 168/45. I wanted to go with the 48 but didn't have one, and e-start is a whore with the 50.

I need to double check the squirt timing, try the 48, and then plug the leak... and then buy a 300EXC.

Anything else?

Hey, I noticed you're using a 72 starter jet... what the heck does the starter jet do? I have a 72 lying around...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 26, 2004 - 04:06 PM

I dont think you need to go to the extreme of buying a KTM300EXC. But I agree it just may be the best off road weapon for racing. :cry: I just think the WR450 is the best off road / all terrain trail riding bike in the world! :cry: :cry: :cry:

• GrahamO

Posted September 27, 2004 - 10:18 AM

I just think the WR450 is the best off road / all terrain trail riding bike in the world!

Agreed... I'm not going anywhere.

Now about that starter jet... What function does it serve?

• RichBaker

Posted September 27, 2004 - 05:14 PM

The starter jet is for the choke circuit.....it only affects starting.

• GrahamO

Posted September 28, 2004 - 08:35 AM

Thanks RB. Does it only affect starting with the choke engaged? One fast kick is all I need to start, but the e-start rarely works.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.