Sacramento Delta Riding Areas?

4 replies to this topic
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 27, 2001 - 09:05 PM

Next week I will be camping near Sacramento on the Delta. Are there any good riding spots near there.

If I go camping and happen to be right next to dirt bike nirvana and don't have my bikes it will really bum me out.

Does anybody know? Or should I just leave the bikes home and enjoy the water?

Thanks

• Michael

Posted June 28, 2001 - 05:27 PM

How far do you want to drive? An hour or two puts you up at Georgetown, or you could ride the Rubicon. Nice places for a short drive.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 28, 2001 - 06:49 PM

Michael,

Thanks for responding. I am going to be camping at Brannan Island St Rec Area. Just west of Walnut Grove and east of Rio Vista. Also North of Franks Tract St. Rec Area.

If it takes about 1-2 hours then maybe I will leave the bikes home. That is about what it takes in LA for me to go riding.

But it would be hell if I found out that I was camping next to a great riding area and had no bike. Is there any riding in either of these adjacent rec areas?

Thanks again

• Michael

Posted June 28, 2001 - 08:46 PM

If you are staying at Brandon Island it is further than 2 hours to any good riding. I don't know of any riding areas close to there. Bring your golf clubs, fishing poles, and water toys. Ground is flat, weather should be warm........could be the next best thing to riding!

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 29, 2001 - 07:06 AM

Michael,

That is exactly the info I was looking for. It looks like I should leave the bikes home and just enjoy what the area has to offer. No use running off 2 hours to go riding, when I can do that from Long Beach.

Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.