Spark Arrestor

5 replies to this topic
  • DennisC

Posted September 24, 2004 - 05:11 PM

I'm looking into buying a used exhaust with a spark arrestor already on it. I've got a 2001 Yamaha YZ 426. The bike its off of is a 1999 Yamaha YZ 400F. I was hoping somebody out there would know if this would work on my bike. I'm looking for a spark arrestor and I don't want to haft to spend $400 dollars for something I gonna use on just one trip then take it off when I get back.

• NAFLASH

Posted September 24, 2004 - 05:28 PM

Well, you can buy a F.M.F. power core 4 with a spark arrestor in it for about 240$, or you can buy an insert which is about 130$,but you have to take off the end cap on the stock pipe by drilling out the rivets, I think Scotts racing makes them(not the gogle company) GOOD LUCK :cry:

• mhf

Posted September 24, 2004 - 07:03 PM

I have a yz450f and my buddy has a yz426f. We bought end caps from www.dubachracing.com and you can remove the screen if your going to run tracks. My buddy had a fmf forest approved muffler and he said it cut the power down a little. The dr.d end cap was $99 bucks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426F

Posted September 25, 2004 - 07:05 AM

Also check out Pro Moto Billet. I have that and am happy with the results.

• RJB

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:38 AM

I got the PMB (ProMotoBillet.com). Service from them was great. They even threw in an extra pack of screws for it :cry:

• ovrrdrive

Posted September 28, 2004 - 02:38 AM

I just installed the PMB endcap yesterday evening. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Installation would have been made easier if they had drilled the holes for me, and manufactured it so I didn't have to cut the end of the pipe off, but it was still simple and took about 30 minutes.

Shipping was a little sluggish... Took about 2 weeks.

I'd post pics, but the hurricane made sure I couldn't for awhile.

I also got the quiet insert with it too. It's still loud, but it took a little roar out of it. Looks cool too.

I'd recommend it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.