FMF Q or Megamax II?

6 replies to this topic
  • westrider03

Posted September 23, 2004 - 08:35 PM

Which exhaust is better? Has anyone tried either of these?
Thanks

• ogrebelle

Posted September 24, 2004 - 07:58 AM

Here's a vote for the "Q". I've got it and love it. :cry: Performance and durability are great. Some people will flame the "Q" but I don't understand why...I think they must have personal issues beyond the silencer. With my experience with it (and friends as well) I would seriously question any comments flaming the "Q". Of course, as always, people will have a natural preference which is just fine. I'm sure the Megamax II is a great silencer too.
Doug

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 24, 2004 - 08:40 AM

I have not seen any flaming of the Q. Everyone loves it. I just like the FMF Power Core 4 so I can tune the sound level with all the options from opening size to quiet core inserts are all modular! :cry: I can go from 94 db to 98db to 100 db with this pipe. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted September 24, 2004 - 09:09 AM

My only issue with the Q was that it's not as quiet as they say. Performance was better than an open stock exhaust and way quieter. Weight is significantly less.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted September 24, 2004 - 09:50 AM

Thge mega max sounds horrible. Very rattley. Get the Q.

• ncmountainman

Posted September 24, 2004 - 10:43 AM

I have not seen any flaming of the Q. Everyone loves it. I just like the FMF Power Core 4 so I can tune the sound level with all the options from opening size to quiet core inserts are all modular! :cry: I can go from 94 db to 98db to 100 db with this pipe. :cry:

the powercore is about 2lbs lighter than the Q also. :cry:

• westrider03

Posted September 24, 2004 - 08:38 PM

:cry: Thanks for the input. I have the opportunity to get a Q or Megamax, both with very little use, for under $100. I think I will go with the Q. Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.