Anyone running Kenda tires on your wr?Trackmaster 2,or Carlbad

6 replies to this topic
  • ryster

Posted September 23, 2004 - 08:27 PM

Time for a new rear tire and was wondering how these hold up and perform.I am coming off of a Maxxis-IT.I was happy with the Maxxis for the first 6-7 rides or so and then they started chunking and throwing knobs everywhere.Just wondering what has worked for you guys.I ride probably 80% hard terrain 20%soft.
Thanks in advance. :cry:

• aremean_troy

Posted September 24, 2004 - 12:51 AM

I am using the carlsbad on my crf450 and I ride on hard grounds most of the time. Works well for me. :cry:

• Math

Posted September 24, 2004 - 06:13 PM

I have a set of Trackmaster II on the bike right now. Did some track with it last week end. The ground was quite hardly packed and it worked very fine I'd say... No surprise, gound hook up. Get one and try em... BTW, they are DOT and they are cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted September 24, 2004 - 08:14 PM

Used one on the back of my xr400 for awhile and it worked good. I love the Maxxis IT for the rear on my 650.

• BEAN329

Posted September 25, 2004 - 07:09 PM

I would avoid the trackmaster for any rocky terrain, the sidewalls are very soft. I would stick with the maxxis. :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted September 26, 2004 - 01:58 PM

I have a days ride on the Carlsbad. Before I was running the Kenda Millville and loved it. The Millville did chunck pretty bad but it is my fault for running a soft terrain tire on Hard terrain with tons of sharp rocks. We'll see how the Carlsbad holds up. Get then locally for 55 bucks so the price is right. :cry:

• JVP

Posted September 27, 2004 - 09:41 AM

I have used Trackmasters. They are a good tire for their purpose. They are what they called a good track tires. They are a little pricey. I think you are better off with the Maxxis IT. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.