supermoto/supertt

8 replies to this topic
  • Spacehog

Posted February 19, 2002 - 11:13 AM

Does anyone use their XR for supermoto either racing or on road?
Any good for this?

• TT650R

Posted February 19, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Got talon hubs,17inch exel hoops with dunlop D207's.This bike is way to much fun.Also lost the airbox and replaced it with a K/N carb mounted air filter(had to go to a 200 main but has a huge top end now)Spend alot of time sideway's whether you want to or not....To answer you question...YES I think it make's a perfect TT bike......

• joss

Posted May 10, 2002 - 02:52 AM

I am interested in the air filter connected directly to your carb.
Which size and part number did you use? I would prefer to use the White Bros spunge type. Have you tried one of those?

Joss B

• TT650R

Posted May 10, 2002 - 07:09 AM

The filter is pt#ru1770 and is listed for the XR in the white bros catalog..Never tried the sponge type before so I'm no help there,also you will need a bigger main jet(I'm playing with a 185 up to 200)The jetting was less than perfect before the new filter and I seem to have a fierce top end now and no noticable problems at lower speeds,also I gutted my stock exh tip completely(it seemed to like that)Now only problem is all my time is out the window as I've had a handmade dual exhaust made for the bike that gonna change things once again....Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • T_Man

Posted May 12, 2002 - 01:18 AM

Mike from 2wf.com let me ride his xr650r supermotard here in Orlando. The next day I started to order the parts to switch my bike! It corners like no other bike I have owned. (last street bike I had was a 99 gsxr 750) The XR650R with 320 brakes and 17" rims is a blast to ride.
I was also wanting the filter that goes right to the carb, thanks for the order #.

• quickbrit2

Posted May 16, 2002 - 02:43 AM

I just did a track day on the XR-RR and I ran faster times than a local fast street guy on a Gixxer 1000. Admittedly it was his first time at the track, but my point is that I was running 4 seconds a lap faster and had some great dices with some purpose built race TZ125's. Most people commented on how stable the bike was whilst riding angry.

I managed to flick both foot rests on the ground whilst dragging my knee's - whilst running soft Michelin pilots

This bike is the perfect SM. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break into the motor again and try to squeeze another 10 BHP out of it using a more aggressive cam and carb and quite possibly a bigger bore.

Regards,
MikeE

• Denali

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:34 AM

Originally posted by quickbrit2:
I just did a track day on the XR-RR and I ran faster times than a local fast street guy on a Gixxer 1000. Admittedly it was his first time at the track, but my point is that I was running 4 seconds a lap faster and had some great dices with some purpose built race TZ125's. Most people commented on how stable the bike was whilst riding angry.

I managed to flick both foot rests on the ground whilst dragging my knee's - whilst running soft Michelin pilots

This bike is the perfect SM. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break into the motor again and try to squeeze another 10 BHP out of it using a more aggressive cam and carb and quite possibly a bigger bore.

Regards,
MikeE

• Denali

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:38 AM

Any good websites you could recommend as far as steps to take and pricing to expect when thinking about making the leap of faith?

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: Denali ]

• quickbrit2

Posted May 20, 2002 - 05:37 AM

Err... yes, mine.

http://www.2wf.com/a...92AFABE52F1.asp

Thanks,
MikeE

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.