1986 XR600r

4 replies to this topic
  • Greg_George

Posted September 23, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Old bike and pretty cheap is $500 bucks a good deal for this bike and are there anythings that glaringly stand out as problems. Would just be a beater of sorts, mainly roads and around town. Any help or ideas are appreciated.

• Docmarkw

Posted September 23, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Does the bike run? If this things held together with bailing wire and drywall screws, then I would say no. Hard to give you any advise without knowing any information about the bike. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg_George

Posted September 23, 2004 - 12:20 PM

Bike runs and starts relatively easily, has some minor engine noise when cold but dies off once warmed up. I have not gotten to ride the bike yet but a friend looked at it for me and said it was in pretty good shape. Newer rubber and such. I am not real sure other than that just trying to get an idea if this bike is possilby worth purchasing.

• billmunson

Posted September 23, 2004 - 01:49 PM

Minor engine noise that goes away could be a weak 'cam-chain tensioner'. Costs about $400 to have it RR'd at a shop.

• Goosedog

Posted September 23, 2004 - 02:52 PM

I bought an '86 XL600R for $400 back in July and I've put another $400 in it. Damn what a fun bike, I love it! So what if the suspension is slightly out-dated and they weigh a ton, these motors are bullet-proof and they're wheelie-monsters too. :cry:

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.