POWER NOW?

7 replies to this topic
  • DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted September 22, 2004 - 04:10 PM

Curious to see what actual performance gains have been had with this in a WR450 or 426? The idea makes sense. Just wondering if it's worth the price of admission. Thanks.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 22, 2004 - 04:48 PM

Awesome product that works great with the WR450 exhaust cam low end hit! :cry: I am a believer! :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted September 22, 2004 - 06:47 PM

oh yaah! i wonder about this new powernow plus apparantly it goes in front of the carb i'd say it would hurt top end with more restriction and maybe the powernow is enough. :cry: now that i think A little bit ,i have heard of another in front system?( don't remember but i think it's ad's in the back of dirtbike)but i'd say they probly both do about the same and would not compliment each other together. :cry:

• Oasis_Flame

Posted September 23, 2004 - 08:08 PM

Install, buy seat belts and two new rear tires. Power is very strong and smooth. Seat of the pants thing. I did pull up the needle one click and the motor was digging that. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted September 24, 2004 - 06:20 AM

havnt pulled mine out to see if there is any difference if performance after upgrade to after market exhaust, before the upgrade I felt there was a performance boost at about 1/8-1/4 throttle, seemed to help with the slight bog I had, but I believe that was more to do with the exhaust and jetting at the time. maybe I will try an experiment and pull it out and see. Is it worth $100.00 not IMO.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 24, 2004 - 07:04 AM

Correct jetting helps notice the difference. If you are not going to jet for conditions then dont buy a pipe or power now. Just ride it stock. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted September 24, 2004 - 10:41 AM

Awesome product that works great with the WR450 exhaust cam low end hit! :cry: I am a believer! :cry:

hey dan, are you referring to the new piece that goes between the carb and the motor,or the the old one that goes between the airbox and carb? because i think they are talkin about the new one. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 24, 2004 - 02:42 PM

I have both ( Power Now & Power Now Plus)and the Power Now makes the most difference. The Plus is barely noticeable in my opinion. I just got it because the standard power now worked so well. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.