WR450 OIL FILTER Save with this $ 3.99 filter

7 replies to this topic
  • jonethumpwr

Posted September 22, 2004 - 10:54 AM

I purchased a yamaha paper oil filter from my local dealer and they charged me $18.09. I decided that was the last oil filter I would buy from them at a 400% mark up. I started searching and found some people here talking about HiFLO.

I found a website that was selling them and purchased 3 for a total cost of $5.99 ea including shipping. That's a big diff. in price. The filters look the same except one has yellow paper and the other has red paper. Both have the same metal with rubber on both ends. I took a picture showing the filter and box with part # so you could see what I'm talking about. Save yourself some money if your using paper filters and check these out. [image]Posted Imagewww.ImageShack.us" /></a>[/image]

Here is a direct link: http://img80.exs.cx/...LOOilFilter.jpg

This sport is expensive enough without paying that much money for a oil filter. :cry:

• RodFugler

Posted September 22, 2004 - 11:24 AM

How about sharing the link to the website where you ordered the filters.

• BIGMatt

Posted September 22, 2004 - 02:28 PM

I bought 6 of those from CycleGear.com for 3.99 each plus shipping. Total cost to me was $25.
A-hooles at the dealer jacked me for $13 for a filter. Never again.

• BIGMatt

Posted September 22, 2004 - 02:28 PM

I bought 6 of those from CycleGear.com for 3.99 each plus shipping. Total cost to me was $25.
A-hooles at the dealer jacked me for $13 for a filter. Never again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtyDude

Posted September 23, 2004 - 06:02 AM

Yep, cyclegear.com. Search for "hiflofiltro". Great filters, and cheap. You can afford to change the filter every time!

• montanaWR250F

Posted September 23, 2004 - 01:26 PM

Do a search on E-bay for "WR 450 oil" or this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagename=WDVW

5 filters for $20 delivered fast

• 5valve

Posted September 27, 2004 - 12:19 PM

probably the 400, 426 type filter doesnt fit the 450?

• RodFugler

Posted September 27, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Super price, I just ordered the five filters for $20.00.
sure beats the $15.00 per filter the dealer charged me!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.