Edelbrock Pumper MPG???

4 replies to this topic
  • Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 12, 2002 - 05:41 AM

Anyone know how many Miles Per Gallon they're getting with the Edelbrock Pumper Carb?

• qadsan

Posted February 12, 2002 - 06:19 AM

I don't know my mpg, but I do know that unlike other carbs, the Edelbrock pumper only squirts fuel when you twist the throttle quickly, otherwise it returns the extra fuel to the bowl. You can also try contacting Mike Price at Edelbrock as he may have more info on this mprice@edelbrock.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted February 12, 2002 - 10:34 PM

My gas milage improved by 4-6 mpg depending on conditions. On my standard evaluation loop of 42 miles mostly street with dirt roads my stock setup would get 34 to 35 mpg max. With the Edelbrock I'm getting 41-42 consistantly.

Clark

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 12, 2002 - 09:40 PM

Originally posted by Clark Mason:
My gas milage improved by 4-6 mpg depending on conditions. On my standard evaluation loop of 42 miles mostly street with dirt roads my stock setup would get 34 to 35 mpg max. With the Edelbrock I'm getting 41-42 consistantly.

Clark

Good to hear.

For high speed woods riding with the stock carb I'm averaging only 25mpg!

THanks...

jay

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: jpeters ]

• Clark_Mason

Posted February 13, 2002 - 10:02 PM

Jay

With stock carb my mpg would range anywhere from 18 to 35 depending on conditions. The Edlerbrock has improve my milage across the board.

Clark

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.