Modifying stock intake manifold?

5 replies to this topic
  • aag800

Posted February 10, 2002 - 04:11 PM

Has anyone had any luck or experience modifying the stock manifold instead of buying the Honda power-up manifold. I'm working on my buddies 650 and it looks like the restrictive center of the manifold could be removed to open it up. I'm assuming that is all the power-up manifold is all about. Any info. would be great. Thanks.

• Bob_J

Posted February 10, 2002 - 05:31 PM

It's very inexpensive, not worth experimenting with.
You will need to ReJet
Bob J

• aag800

Posted February 10, 2002 - 06:00 PM

I figured that, but the Honda dealers around here are pretty weak and I don't want to wait for ten days for the wrong part to come in! Also, there's no better satisfaction to me than FREE HORSEPOWER!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bob_J

Posted February 10, 2002 - 07:26 PM

Thats cool!! I would try to break out the metal restrictor plate, or if you got's a die grinder Knock yourself out. Good luck, its worth the extra effort, the stock bike sucks, the modified bike RIPS, 90+ in the Calif desert!!
Check out a prior post with all the part #'s, If you order them, at least you know what you will get. The post was "uncorked" on 01/28/02.

Bob J

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Bob J ]

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Bob J ]

• terry_west

Posted February 11, 2002 - 04:52 PM

Check your personal messages!

• RedThunder

Posted February 11, 2002 - 06:44 PM

If you're good with a gas or wire welder, I gotta $15 exhaust mod that works pretty good. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.