05 yz450f vrs crf450

1 reply to this topic
  • ThomasTGH

Posted September 22, 2004 - 01:46 AM

Been riding yz250f's since they came out. I am looking to go to a 450f I love yz250f but have heard great things about weight and handling of the honda's. Looking for any and all possible feedback!yzf450 or crf450...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bud

Posted September 22, 2004 - 04:39 AM

i have both, an 04crf450 and an 04yz450f, (i have not ridden the 05's yet), if you have owned yzf's in the past i would strongly suggest you get the yamaha. the yz has been headache free for me while the crf needs special attention (leaking fork seals, loose spokes, the chain eats the mud guard and tire up, and the valves-have to check and shim), with the yz ride it and forget about it, its the most reliable 4 stroke you can get hands down! i only race mx so my opinion might not be suited to someone who rides in the woods. you might want to consider a left over new 04yz450, you can save a ton of money and have the suspension set to your needs. and the power of the 04 is awesome, i am one of the ones who loves that hit of power, hell thats why i went to a 450. its funny to me though, that the honda keeps trying to be like the yamaha-motor with more compression and all, and the yamaha keeps trying to be like the honda by mellowing the motor. both are great bikes, not one bike is perfect, choose blue or red and you'll be o.k. i am not brand loyal, this is just what i have experienced by owning both.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.