450 comp. cam in 01 426 Can I take off the Comp. leaver?

4 replies to this topic
  • ThumpDave

Posted September 21, 2004 - 07:24 PM

I have an 04 450 hotcam in my 01 426 and do not use the comp. leaver - I was wondering if it would effect my bike if I took it off. Just the cable and the leaver. You know get it off the handle bars. Or do I need that resistance on the cam mechanism on the head?

Dave

• Matt96xr6

Posted September 21, 2004 - 07:30 PM

you can remove the entire setup there. You will need a plug for the head. You can get the factory unit, but it falls out. Get the one on the TT store here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumpDave

Posted September 21, 2004 - 07:36 PM

sweet=== what does it take to remove the current set up?

And will it hurt anything to leave it the way it is for now?
have been on a spending spree and my wife is...well lets say she needs to buy the kids some cloths. hehe.

Dave :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted September 21, 2004 - 10:29 PM

Here's the link for the TT plug......

http://shop.thumpert...tCode=QMR-03DPB

• Satch0922

Posted September 22, 2004 - 05:46 AM

ThumpDave, all it takes to remove is to take the retaining bolt out of the the mechanism and pull it out of the head. You will have to take the right radiator loose and move it out of the way though.

It will not hurt anything to leave the decomp mechanism in. If you don't want to spend any $$$ on a plug for the head, take a hacksaw and cut the decompression shaft off even with the head. Of course you will want to make a mark on the shaft with it still in the head so you will know where to make your cut. Then remove the shaft from the bike, cut it off and reinstall it. Basically you have the same thing as the plug that can be bought on the TT store but it won't cost you a dime! :cry:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.