I Wanna Edelbrock Pumper Carb....

7 replies to this topic
  • Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 08, 2002 - 07:43 PM

Where's the best place to order this carb?

Does it improve fuel economy?
(25mpg is a bit poor)

What's the best setup for 5,000 feet?

Thanks!

• mntnmissle

Posted February 08, 2002 - 10:50 PM

Try Barnums or Cycles West.
I ride from 5000 to 8000 ft, run the 17E needle 15 clicks from rich.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 09, 2002 - 04:17 AM

Originally posted by mntnmissle:
Try Barnums or Cycles West.
I ride from 5000 to 8000 ft, run the 17E needle 15 clicks from rich.

Do you have any phone numbers or URL's for BARNUMS or CYCLES WEST?

Thanks!

• needsprayer

Posted February 09, 2002 - 04:34 AM

JP,

Ar'ya gonna keep tha BRP?

A good friend of mine was riding my BRP and went up a steep hill (covered with mesquite bushes). The ground was much softer than expected (due to recent rain) and he stalled. Had to lay the bike down. When we got it back on level ground I had to play the "it's flooded game". A pumper would have been nice.

My next purchase has to be tires and then a larger fuel tank, Clarke 4.3 gals. The pumper will have to wait, but I definitely want one. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mntnmissle

Posted February 09, 2002 - 08:41 AM

http://www.goldenwestcycle.com/
For Barnums go to XR650R.net and follow thier link.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 09, 2002 - 04:32 PM

Originally posted by needsprayer:
JP,

Ar'ya gonna keep tha BRP?

A good friend of mine was riding my BRP and went up a steep hill (covered with mesquite bushes). The ground was much softer than expected (due to recent rain) and he stalled. Had to lay the bike down. When we got it back on level ground I had to play the "it's flooded game". A pumper would have been nice.

My next purchase has to be tires and then a larger fuel tank, Clarke 4.3 gals. The pumper will have to wait, but I definitely want one. :)

Funny you should ask if I'm going to keep the 650R!!!

You know, there is a lot to be said for the incredible "inebriating torgue" and tractable power of the XR650R. The bike hooks up and makes incredible time through the woods.

Also, in the rocks, the XR650R because of it's weight is incredibly stable! On the BRP I was so confident in rocks people would be amazed at how fast I could attack sections uphill or downhill. The 650R hooks up better than any other bike I've ever ridden - this is a big secret to it.

I love the Cannondale E440 but I have to rev it to make power and it's a whole different animal to learn how to ride again.

Call me a freak but the 650R just hooks up and the weight is great in the rocks and other situations (except picking it up!).

I swear that the weight actually helps it in some situations, like hitting water bars and in the rocks. I've raced with guys that weigh 50lbs less than me and are riding bikes that are 50lbs lighter than the 650R; when we hit water bars at speed they go flying in the air where I barely get off the ground and keep traction and speed and make time. It's a trip.

My riding style became so suited to the 650R and that tractor like power I do miss it. I just wish the 650R had electric start and the suspension of the Cannondale E440 - I really don't care about the weight! For me it made the bike feel stable and eat rocks for breakfast. Then again, I'm 6'3" 210 and can throw the BRP around like an XR250!

MY DREAM BIKE?

A 2003 XR650R with Electric Start that is as THIN as the Cannondale E440 and has FULL OHLINS SUSPENSION! (again, I could care less about the weight).

Anybody got a set of OHLINS they want to sell for the BRP?

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: jpeters ]

• qadsan

Posted February 09, 2002 - 07:03 PM

For Barnums Pro, send an email to sales@barnumspro.com and put "Susan's Edelbrock Deal" in the title so they give you the discounted price. Susan Deal is their code word for the discounted price they are offering.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted February 09, 2002 - 08:18 PM

Originally posted by qadsan:
For Barnums Pro, send an email to sales@barnumspro.com and put "Susan's Edelbrock Deal" in the title so they give you the discounted price. Susan Deal is their code word for the discounted price they are offering.

What's the discounted price?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.