xr close to purchase

5 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted September 21, 2004 - 04:21 PM

I found a 94 xr 650l with 10,000 miles it has a oversized tank,performance pipe,lowering link,and someother stuff to the guy want's $2,000 for it my friend said the bike is super clean i'm going to check it out early next week,does that sound like a good price? ps it also comes with all the stock parts

• qadsan

Posted September 21, 2004 - 04:42 PM

That's full retail according to Kelly Blue Book. The trade in value on that bike is $1345. I just paid $2450 for a 'like new' 2001 XR650R that still has the original knobbies on it in excellent condition. The deals are out there if you can bide your time and look around. It's a buyers market right now IMO. If the bike you're looking at is in perfect shape and that's exactly the bike you want, then $1,700 would be a fair price to offer.

• Roll_it_on

Posted September 21, 2004 - 06:57 PM

Qadsan,

OK I'll give you 2550 for your 650r and you can make a quick 100 bucks! :cry: Where did you find such a deal. Let me guess some poor widow and the bike was only dropped once :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted September 21, 2004 - 08:16 PM

$2550 :cry:

You're right about the bike being dropped once :cry: I think the guy scared himself and its been sitting in the garage ever since and the wife wanted shut of it! The exhaust can had a ding in it and there's some scratches on the plastic. The bike was still all corked up and the tires still have new tits on them.

I've already put $2,000+ extra into it on top of what I paid with a Dakar dual sport kit, stabilizer, flexx bars, ims pro pegs, edelbrock, etc, new DOT tires, not to mention my time tearing the bike down to grease every single bearing in the swingarm linkages wheels steering stem, torquing all the spokes to 48 inch/lbs & truing & balancing the wheels, updating the countershaft seal & clutch bearing, z-Start is on order, etc. I also bought Motard wheels for this bike to play around with. I wouldn't sell it for for a penny less than $2650 with all the money & time I'm putting into it :cry:

If you're looking for an inepxpensive XR650R, there was one for sale here on TT just last week for $2,600. I also know where a nice XR650R is for sale in Texas for $3K and its loaded with the Scotts damper, pro tapers, ims pro pegs, larger fuel tank, aftermarket exhaust, etc.

• smashinz2002

Posted September 21, 2004 - 08:31 PM

Qadsan, that's exactly how I found my XR650R! The original owner bought it new, rode it once, dropped it at a standstill on a hill, became scared of it, couldn't handle it, whatever, and sold it to me for a great price, way below blue book, because it had a "few scratches" from him dropping it. haha. Ok, so it was pre-scratched , big deal it was still a new bike.
I still have this bike, of course now it's street legal, uncorked, jetted, and has an assortment of aftermarket goodies on it. Great bike, never a problem with it.
LL.
'00 XR650R

• Roll_it_on

Posted September 22, 2004 - 02:35 PM

Qadsan,

OK just because you have it all greased up already I go to 2,675 since I am a nice guy. :cry: Having two BRPs is only a dream until momma gets a new kitchen :cry:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.