check this out re: Stroker jettings specs.

1 reply to this topic
  • c2

Posted June 27, 2001 - 06:04 AM

I've been wrestling with this for awhile now. What do you guys think about their jetting specs? I'm running a stock bike with the freebie mods and want to run quieter. 0'-2,000'. This one is off their site.

Stock Stroker recommends

42 Pilot 50
DRS needle DVR
3rd Clip Pos. 4th
165 Main 180
75 Pilot Air 100
200 Main Air 200
1 ½ out Fuel Screw 2 out

NOTE: Leave air box lid off! These specs are with Stroker exhaust or stock WR muffler with noise baffle out. We recommend using Stroker dual sport quiet tip rather than noise baffle out.

Now I later emailed them and they responded with this(i'm guessing it's for my altitude):
OBDVR needle
45 pilot
5th clip position
178 main
fuelscrew out 2 turns

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted June 27, 2001 - 06:14 AM

For me, the 50 PJ is too rich. the DVR works well, but the EKP and EKN needles (w/ YZ timing) really makes the bike come alive.

Also with the EK* series, a 180 Main is too rich, more like 165-170 is a better bet (at least for the Ek needles)

Bottom line is this: No one jet settings work for all bikes, even in the same conditions. Therefore experimentation is almost always required to dial it in properly. Use the recommendations as a starting point, but have other jets and needles on hand to experiment.

One note regarding the fuel screw-these babies are very sensitive to change. Don't just swap out the pilot jets without playing with the fuel screw first.

The specific recommendations at the bottom of your message sounds pretty darn close. Go for it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.