What bark busters do you recommended?

15 replies to this topic
  • Pengaleng

Posted September 21, 2004 - 11:03 AM

What bark busters do you recommended for a 93' XR600R? I need them ASAP. I would like to get something with the greatest protection as I intend to drop my bike A LOT!!

I know answers will vary greatly; however, I need any and all input...please.

_

• Pengaleng

Posted September 21, 2004 - 12:27 PM

Moose Racing????
Acerbis???

Anyone?

• slowxr

Posted September 21, 2004 - 12:35 PM

Cyrca. They were expensive but they fit nice.

• JR650

Posted September 21, 2004 - 04:21 PM

i havent managed to bend my acerbis rally pro's yet, but im not sure the aluminum bar is as strong as the moose ones, but thats only from looking. They do have a built-in plastic guard and install easy. mine have taken some nasty hits and still look good, except for the scraping from grid road at 50 mph. my vote goes for acerbis, JR

• jmxr250r

Posted September 21, 2004 - 04:26 PM

I just put on cycra enduro handshields($20.99) on tusk aluminim handguards ($19.99) from rocky mountian. You will need to drill one hole but they are some tought little guards because they have saved my hands acouple of times. :cry:
------------
1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90

• jws

Posted September 21, 2004 - 06:51 PM

i 2nd that :cry: :cry: :cry:

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 21, 2004 - 11:31 PM

i 2nd that :cry: :cry: :cry:

I third that... :lol: :cry: :cry: :lol:

However I too have Acerbis.
But would rather have the Cycra mounts and plastic guards. You can get different plastics if you break them, or simply don't want a huge deflector. The huge deflector looks kinda... well, fugly... but it works soooo well in woods or arm rippin tree/bush branches.

• Pengaleng

Posted September 22, 2004 - 06:06 AM

JR

Can you tell me how the Rally pro's mount?
The bar ends I understand, from there, do they mount to the triple clamp or is hardware included and perhaps a bar mount position.

TIA

_

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drex

Posted September 22, 2004 - 08:00 AM

JR

The bar ends I understand, from there, do they mount to the triple clamp or is hardware included and perhaps a bar mount position.

TIA

_

Hey, I'm not JR, but I just put some Rally Pros on my son's CR 125. The 'end of the bar mount' was the most complicated part -- some tubes and spacers may or may not be needed based on the interior diameter of the bar, which apparently is either 14 mm or 18 mm. The 'inside' mount was very easy to do. There's an aluminum extension that clamps around the bar in a way similar to clutch or brake mount. Then the extension fastens to the handguard. All using allen bolts.

My son's bars are Renthal 7/8", not the Fat Bar / Twinwall / Pro Tapers that are 1 1/8" at the clamp. If you have the 1 1/8" I think you'll the Acerbis adapter kit.

Entire process took about 20 minutes and I was a first-timer.

• TimBrp

Posted September 22, 2004 - 08:38 AM

I recommend the Acerbis Pro Rally guards. Aluminum injection is the best. They won't crack or budge. My bike has fallen off a trailer at 50mph and just road on them. Glad I had them. You'll notice that they'll firm the bars up a bit and when you fall the bars will be less likely to bend do to the setup.

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted September 22, 2004 - 08:59 AM

I put the Enduro Engineering on the xr650 and love them. The Moose and MSR are identical (made by EE) so they would be good choices also.

Chris

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 22, 2004 - 10:56 AM

JR

TIA

_

The inner mount is similar to a clutch or brake perch... and mounts between the triple clamp and grip on the H-bars themselves.

When you buy... make sure to get the correct 'inner' mount as there are fat bars and stock bars. The guards usually come with stock bar sizes... and you have to buy the supplemental package for large diameter bars.

ANYONE know how the Cycra guards mount as I see on Rocky that they have a "Triple clamp" mount listed?! I'm wondering if they don't mount to the bars on the inner mount of the guard, but attach to the triple clamp.

• Hardley_Davison

Posted September 22, 2004 - 01:17 PM

I too have Acerbis. When I fall down and go boom I know my levers will still be there!

• XR250rdr

Posted September 22, 2004 - 02:20 PM

I have the 909 (Acerbis clones really) and they've saved me a bunch of times. I just wish there was some kind of mounting system like the Fastway for the KTMs.

• JR650

Posted September 22, 2004 - 05:35 PM

well i guess i dont need to reply now, it appears others took care of it for me. mine are on 7/8 renthals on the 650 too, other bike just has flags. barkbusters are the only way to go, i just broke a perch on the crf (ya that dual clutch perch/hotstart thats like 40 bucks) and am really pissed about it, never broke a perch or lever on the 650 with the rally pro's :cry:.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted September 22, 2004 - 09:21 PM

I use bark busters on my Billy Button Renthals. I have UFO full coverage hand guards screwed to the bark busters. These are great and when the weather gets cold it protects your hand from wind freeze. Never broke a lever or hurt my hands in 7 years. Can't beat that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.