Squeaky brakes are driving me crazyyyyy !!!

1 reply to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted September 21, 2004 - 10:49 AM

Hi to all my blue brothers and sisters,

I am literally going crazy by all this squacking my rear brakes are doing. Another WR brother said he experienced the same thing, then it would go away, and then come back again. My deal is very similiar except it only squacks at me under heavy breaking. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to correct this? It's almost fingernail on the chalkboard like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted September 21, 2004 - 11:33 AM

Try lightly degalzing your rotor (both sides) with some fine wet or dry sandpaper (400 grit or higher) & deglaze your pad surface & chamfer the edges with a file. Just make sure & ride around a bit using lots of rear brake to re-bed the pads to the rotor before getting on the trail/hills.

If that does'nt work, I'd lightly deglaze the rotor & replace the pads with some EBC carbon or sintered pads.

Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.