XR650R ergonomics improvements

5 replies to this topic
  • BigPopper

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:45 PM

Well I finally put a few rides on my new to me '00 XR650R. Without going into all the things that are great about this bike, I can say that the ergonomics positively suck for anyone in the 6'3" plus range. I'm 6'5" and cannot ride this thing again without some sort of improvement. On the pegs I'm leaning so far forward that my neck is completely bent back so I can see the trail and my knees and wrists are about 2" apart. Anyway, I see why aftermarket triples and bars are such a hot item. I'm about to order the Applied triple with Ricky Carmichael bend Fat Bars. I would really like to go with the standard bar mounts so I can get a better selection of bars like the 666 desert bend, but nobody seems to stock the standard bar mounts. Anybody with some ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks!

• terry_west

Posted February 06, 2002 - 05:21 AM

Be sure to get the forward off-set clamps.

• bhoth

Posted February 06, 2002 - 05:25 AM

If you plan to do much desert riding pick up one of the stabilizer triple clamp combos. They work great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joe_moto

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:27 PM

I just put applied clamps on mine with std. mounts you can get them a baja designs, they work great I`m 6-3 good luck

• BRP_-_BILLET_RACING_PRODU

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:44 PM

The XR650 bar position, as you know,is very cramped and low, so we've designed an upper triple clamp that opens the cockpit up considerably. We give the option to move your bars forward +13 - +19mm forward and up in height +7mm. This turns the xr650 into a whole different machine, making it more comfortable and easier to ride.
We are able to accomodate for Protaper (oversized bars) and steering stabilizers. Thank you for your inquiry. Please feel free to check out our website, e-mail, or call us so we can discuss your riding style, riding type, height, etc. We look forward to getting you and your bike dialed in.

Sincerely,
BRP
800-834-9363 :)

• Dutch

Posted February 08, 2002 - 03:39 PM

I ordered the BRP top clamp last summer and found Billet Racing Products a great company to deal with. Their quality is first rate, and they will take the time on the phone to make sure your needs are met. Their stickers are cool also --- BRP --

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.