Attention: NJ Riders

No replies to this topic
  • TJames

Posted February 05, 2002 - 02:31 PM

After returning to trail riding after a long, 15-year hiatus I am once again obsessed with the sport. I’m purely a recreational rider but respect and enjoy the competitive side. After cutting my teeth again on a lesser bike, I recently purchased an ’02 wr250f and couldn’t be happier. Hopefully the fact that I settled on a Yamaha will not offend those of you who do not choose to ride blue. If you read on you will find that my efforts are purely in support of off-road riding in general. My hats off to all Thumpertalk members - it is truly a great resource for all.

Immediately after returning to the sport I was quickly reminded of how few legal places there are to ride in NJ. So I have involved myself with a great group of people that are trying to convert the old Jungle Habitat property (800 acres) in West Milford into a BMX, MX and Trail Riding Facility (among other sports). X-treme Habitat would be the only facility in Northern NJ where we could ride legally. But it’s not going to be easy.

Here is where I need your help. Although this program has lots of supporters, it still needs to be approved by the state and there are a lot of people who are dead-set against it.
There is also tons of red tape as you can imagine. So NJ state residents need to send letters (lots of them) off to NJ government officials showing support for X-treme Habitat.

Owning an Ad Agency I have offered to handle all of the advertising and marketing pro bono to the group. My firm is currently working on a website and relevant marketing materials, which I will make available to you as soon as they are ready. I have a form letter prepared that I can email to anyone who is interested in helping. I can also supply the mailing and email addresses for the appropriate recipients. All you need to do is sign your name and mail, email or fax it. Please add any editorial additions to the letter that you feel may help. Hint: the state would probably be surprised at what a family recreation this sport actually is.
My email address is tim@jameshoward.com. I will answer any questions you may have but I have a pretty busy schedule so please be patient if I don’t get back to you immediately. I’m working for everyone who loves this sport as much as I do.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.