Asterisk knee braces

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted September 21, 2004 - 06:24 AM

Whats the best price on the asterisk knee braces and where? I tried to get the CTI on my insurance and it was a flop! :cry:

• mmbasa

Posted September 21, 2004 - 09:00 AM

The best I've seen is around $500. Evs is coming out with some new ones for $250. They look good but I haven't seen them in person yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2stroke

Posted September 22, 2004 - 05:48 AM

MXA rated the The new EVS web brace at only 3 out of 5 in the oct 04 issue. They look nice but thats not what matters. Price is $345.

• MxHuggy

Posted September 22, 2004 - 06:16 AM

I tried them both and the Asterisk just felt better. $500 is about the best you can do unless you know someone at a dealer.

FYI.. I have had mine for a little over a year (I used them for skiing too) and I definitely see the need to get them "refreshed" every couple of seasons. So while I was at one of the nationals this summer, I asked one of the guys at the Asreisk booth what type of service they offered.
For $150 they will basically replace everything but the frame (foam, laces , etc) and do it with a 4 day turnaround. Just call their 800 number and get an RMA # before you ship the braces to them.

Cheers!! :cry:

• sjwr450

Posted September 22, 2004 - 06:27 AM

I have the EVS, and I would agree with the 3 star rating. I had a strap holder break my first time at the track. Customer service was good and they sent out another unit without batting an eye. They inspire confidence whan on, but are a tad stiff.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.