Just bought a 2003 XR 650 R

5 replies to this topic
  • REX68

Posted September 20, 2004 - 10:46 AM

Last week I bought a 2003 Honda XR 650 R. The bike was sold on consignment, so the only thing the guy could tell me about the bike was that the guy was moving out of state and didn't want to take the bike with him.
The things I do know about it are that it was bought originally June 8th of 04. It has a White Bros E series pipe, Renthall bars and a graphics kit.
Now it's been awhile since Ive ridden any dirt bikes (like 10 years). Im trying to inform myself on the bike, trails, and things I need to do to the bike or find out what has been done to it already. Can anyone help. Thanks

• drex

Posted September 20, 2004 - 01:14 PM

You'll enjoy the bike! I bought mine about 2 years ago. Hadn't had a bike in 15 years.

Go immediately to Eric's site at www.xr650r.us and read, read, read. Then do, do, do. The preventative maintenance on this bike is very necessary! :cry:

Good luck!

Dan

• resslera

Posted September 20, 2004 - 04:19 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I just bought a brand new 03 about 2 weeks back with a street kit installed. Havn't ridden much (12 mi) because I'm waiting to Oct to register.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • REX68

Posted September 21, 2004 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the info, Im printing the stuff out right now.

• big t

Posted September 21, 2004 - 12:02 PM

You'll love it. It is a great all around bike. :cry:

• TimBrp

Posted September 22, 2004 - 08:46 AM

Grease everything you can on the bike. From the steering head bearings to the rear axle and linkages. The bike has "zero" grease from the factory. Had to punch out my swingarm bolt with only 600 miles on it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.