WR licensed for the road?

2 replies to this topic
  • jtciccar

Posted June 27, 2001 - 04:18 AM


Has anyone out there had any luck with licensing a WR (250, 400 or 426) or an XR for the road in New York. I'm ready to buy a WR, but now I'm understanding how hard it is to put one of these bikes on the road. I know you can get the parts through Baja Design, but it's the DMV I'm worried about. Since the bikes title states "for off road use only" this raises a red flag at the DMV. Anyone have any input on this? If not in NY how about any other state in the Northeast?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 27, 2001 - 05:12 AM


Vermont will tag your bike. You need a title or an MSO. Search the archives, there's been a lot of discussion about this topic in the past.

  • Tree_Crippler

Posted June 27, 2001 - 07:14 PM


New York stopped Dual Sporting dirtbikes as of last year. I was told this by a New York dealer and Baja Designs. I Dual Sported mine in PA but also live here.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.