Starter problems claim another 03 WR

1 reply to this topic
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted September 19, 2004 - 06:36 PM

Hi all,

Just informing everyone of my quandary. My starter decided to take a dump today during a harescramble. This isn't related to the woodriff key issue. I fixed that a long time ago when the bike only had 2.3 miles on it. (Upgraded to the 04 parts) What I believe happened today is that my stator/starter clutch grenaded on me. I haven't taken the bike apart yet, but from what I have read in the posts that I searched, I'm 99% sure that's what my problem is. All the syptoms that I have are exactly as described in other posts.

??? Does anyone know of upgrades to fix the problem with the stator/starter clutch???

Considering this bike has only seen 7 (2-hour) races so far, I really don't want to put the new factory parts in it to have it grenade again in another 7 races. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted September 19, 2004 - 06:45 PM

There have been starter clutch failures but it's MUCH less common that the woodruff key issue was when they first came out. I'm suprised that yours went out with only 14 hours of riding on it but I would replace it and not worry about the second one failing that soon. Most of us have thousands of miles on our 03's with no starter clutch problems. I haven't heard of any upgrades to the starter clutch--In fact, the 04's and the 03's use the same part. Good luck!! :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.