wr450 pros and cons and a lot of questions

25 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted September 22, 2004 - 06:59 PM

i'm 6'4" 290 and i had to make the bike bigger! this was the closest stock bike i'd ever got on that felt like it was made for me. now after a few mods it's about perfect. the adaptability of this bike is unreal,some go towards dual-sport and you can go race with the same bike with a change of tires.unbeleivable compared to a few years ago . :cry: it's a shame they've downsized for 05 :cry:

• chipwich

Posted September 22, 2004 - 07:10 PM

6'2" / 220 and the ergos are the best of any dirt bike that i have tried, i.e. crf450, exc450. crf450 is better mx bike, but close ratio trani and no e start are deal breakers compared to the wr. also, although motor and suspenders are great, i found the crf hard to start. wr is a better all-round package.

• Pothole

Posted September 24, 2004 - 07:45 AM

you could always just move out of Kalifornia,

Nah, you should stay in Cali, don't move out of state. The riding is just horrible here and the winters are way to long and cold..You guys are much better off staying in the golden state :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted September 24, 2004 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, and it's WAY too hot in Arizona... :cry:

• tweek

Posted September 26, 2004 - 01:01 PM

You nailed it Cowboy! I thought I was the only rider that lost sleep because of the WanaRide 450! :cry:

• iwheeln2

Posted September 26, 2004 - 02:22 PM

Doesn't Talon make one?

I hear West Coast Wheels is going to have one soon. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.