XR650 Seals

21 replies to this topic
  • Precision_Concepts_Racing

Posted February 01, 2002 - 07:50 PM

To Bob:
Concerning 650 COUNTERSHAFT SEAL.
Honda has an updated seal and part number for the countershaft on all XR 650R's. It is the stock seal that comes on the 2002 model year bikes. The last three numbers in the part number of the seal on your bike are 671. The updated seal part number is the same number, but ends in 672. This updated seal was created for better durability and has cured all of our problems with the seal blowing. I sent this E-MAIL from home, so I do not have the part number, but if you E-MAIL me back, or call our shop [(619)593-7473], we can provide you with a part number, or provide this seal, as we stock them.
Bob Bell,
Precision Concepts

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • katoooooom

Posted February 18, 2002 - 09:31 PM

THE NEW SEAL IS BETTER BUT NOT ENOUGH SOLVE THIS PROBLEM-I BLEW OUT THREE OF THEM--SO FAR...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.