Swingarm pivot bolt?

4 replies to this topic
  • jusv

Posted September 19, 2004 - 02:22 PM

How does it come off? I have the nut and washer away from the left side? Do I just bang it out with something or what?

The lock and adjuster come to the picture later, right?

Help!! :cry:

THX Jussi

• BrianVT

Posted September 19, 2004 - 02:38 PM

What bike ?
Search "swingarm" in this forum and you should find what you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drex

Posted September 19, 2004 - 08:24 PM

You should be able to tap it out with a blunt punch and rubber mallet. Then, you can take the lock nut off the right side later.

Make sure you grease the bearings while you're in there! Mine were getting nasty.

If you haven't yet, check out Eric's site at www.xr650r.us and see the Swingarm Tool section. I just did this last week.

Good luck!

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 20, 2004 - 10:29 AM

Some have made a "tool"... or you can use Hondas for help (speaking of 650R).

Either way, mine didn't come out too easily and was ruined during extraction (that's what I get for never removing it to lube the needle bearings or the bolt). It was ultimately removed with a large air hammer. :cry: Seriously.

• drex

Posted September 20, 2004 - 01:10 PM

Some have made a "tool"... or you can use Hondas for help (speaking of 650R).

Either way, mine didn't come out too easily and was ruined during extraction (that's what I get for never removing it to lube the needle bearings or the bolt). It was ultimately removed with a large air hammer. :cry: Seriously.

Yikes! Mine came out okay, but I replaced it because of some rust spots and other crud. Also, I wasn't sure if the 'worn' section in the middle was supposed to be there or not :cry: The new one came with it, so I guess it's a unexpected feature.

Lots of grease in there now!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.