Allen wrench (socket cap) carb bolts

2 replies to this topic
  • SFeCRF

Posted September 19, 2004 - 07:58 AM

anyone know off-hand the sizes of the bolts for the carb float for the stock xr650r carb (2003)? Next time I mess with the carb I would like to replace the bolts with socket cap bolts to permit use of a allen wrench. I think they are m4x16, but can anyone confirm?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikkojay

Posted September 19, 2004 - 09:59 AM

I just got back from the hardware store and that is what I bought (m4-16).
Actually, I bought 4 shorter ones as well just in case- good thing, one would have been too long.

Just put an old one in your pocket and go to the hardware store. As you walk in, your subconscious might tell you, "if they see me digging in my pocket, they might think I am shoplifting". If this happens, take the old one out of your pocket and roll it around in your hand while planning your explaination story as to why you are not paying for it on the way out. This method works for me!

• tirebiter

Posted September 19, 2004 - 03:44 PM

Try these folks out- save you tons of trips to the hardware store...

Good quality stuff, a must have. :cry: :cry:

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  47 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.