Splits in gass tank.

7 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted September 18, 2004 - 08:19 PM

Anyone have splits in your tank? You might have to look hard. I have a few in some tight places. I guess this is ok since their is a white plastic linner on the inside? :exuse me Maybe you have some too. Go look now! Take a flash light! Look near the screws that hold your rad scoups on. :cry:

• WR426madness

Posted September 18, 2004 - 10:38 PM

Yep gottem on both sides around the lower bolt holes. Scary huh?

• Ronnie Mac

Posted September 19, 2004 - 09:53 AM

I just wonder what the deal with that is? Is this just on the wr450 2003, or all plastic tanks, or just me and you. :cry:

• WRDeJong

Posted September 20, 2004 - 10:03 AM

I have them as well, I just keep an eye on them :cry:, hoping they dont get worse, so far haven't changed :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vick115

Posted September 20, 2004 - 10:52 AM

i have them on my '02 YZ426 but not on my WR as of yet. I have never had this happen before on a plastic tank.

• ill_caper

Posted September 20, 2004 - 01:10 PM

I had to buy a new gas tank. Damn yamaha. You;d think with how good the engine is, that they could make decent plastics. Oh well. It looks cooler with the new white tank anyway.

• Ronnie Mac

Posted September 20, 2004 - 07:02 PM

Its just a shame. I guess $6,000.00 just dont get much anymore. Maybe tank will rupture out of crakes causing bike to blow-up. If I live this could be my ticket to easy living(where is John Kockren). God works in mysterious ways. :cry:

• Birdie426

Posted September 20, 2004 - 07:32 PM

Got 1 on the R/H side up near the filler neck on my 01 WR426...about 1 inch long and .030 wide at the widest part. No leaks...yet

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.