Michelin S-12's

3 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:30 PM

I just took my first ride on my new S-12's , and have to say these are the best soft terrain tires ive ever used..way better than dunlops. these things stick like glue.
:cry:

• b-bike

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:45 PM

I just took my first ride on my new S-12's , and have to say these are the best soft terrain tires ive ever used..way better than dunlops. these things stick like glue.
:cry:

I agree. I got the one I have now when I did a trade for my 19" wheel for an 18" from another TTer. Even though it was used when I got it, it still digs in. :cry:

Although, I do want to try a rear tire from IRC. It's the M5B. One of my riding partners says he has never had a better tire than that one.

Boyd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sylvain

Posted September 20, 2004 - 03:24 PM

I used m-12 and found them pretty good, and the paddle shape of the knobby looks really nice. But if you want to reverse them when they get rounded I'm not sure it will give good results. That's why I went with the S-12, they have a more symmetric shape. Reversing them will not change the traction. The only drawback is when you are very agressive on a hard pack track they may chunk and loose a few center knobs :cry:. But they are soft terrain tires :cry:

• washinout

Posted September 20, 2004 - 03:42 PM

Soft terrain tire for sure. You run them on a rocky trail and they chunk like heck. I just tossed 2 S-12's that had half tread left that were useless because of chunking. Would like them for a track though... with no rocks that is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.