A TURBO YZ!!!! WOULDN'T THAT BE SICK FOR THE DUNES!!

4 replies to this topic
  • 4Stroke4Life

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:32 PM

you know how they are putting turbos on the 4 stroke quads??? like the 400EX, Bomb DS650's, TRX,YFZ's. bikes of that nature. well what if you were a die hard duner, or planning to race the Baja with a YZ400/426/450... would that not be sick or what?? :cry: :cry: there is a shop here in phoenix that just did a Bombardier DS650.. this thing does 135MPH on the street!!!135!!! and they clocked it up Oldsmobile hill in GLAMIS at 86MPH. thats sick if you ask me. not that i am really planning on putting a turbo on my YZ400F, but it IS possible. if i had money top throw around i would though, for sheezee!!! what does everyone think??? :cry: :cry:

• Matt96xr6

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:10 PM

The YZFs have a lot of compression that you would have to reduce in the motor for a blown application.

I know of a Xr650 with a turbo for the Dakar race that has been around on the net.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:13 PM

haha ya that'd be pretty crazy. id wanna try that for a ripp forsure.

• chrome-crf

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:17 PM

One of my buddies that has a YZ-426 hybrid bike like mine in a street chassis has a Garret Turbo on his motor. It is supossedly around 80+hp :cry:

• 4Stroke4Life

Posted September 18, 2004 - 08:52 PM

the shop that is local for me that did that bombardier charges around 3,800$. i talked to him about my YZ400F, he says it would not be worth it on such an old motor. but a new 450 he said he could do. if i have the cash any time soon. for sure i will do it. i am surprised that that is not a big thing in the supermoto seen. or maybe it is, i am not into that. too much money!! looks like fun though. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.