Can a xr650r be made street legal in ontario Canada?

1 reply to this topic
  • slr98

Posted January 13, 2002 - 11:08 AM

And if so,what are the required changes,thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Woodzi

Posted January 14, 2002 - 04:52 PM

Yes. The changes will depend on your dealer and where you want to ride. I have street plates on my WR426 and had them on my XR600 with minimal modifications. Some dealers will give you the plates if they know you will only ride on back roads between trails.

The other route is a dual sport kit. I think most dealers will give you a safety if your bike has all the street gear. Look in the forum at ODSC.on.ca. There is a link there from a guy who made his KX80 legal.

Today I was in Waterloo and visited KW Honda. They take all the street gear from a 650L and install it on a 650R. A bit expensive, but very nice. You could take that bike anywhere and be totally legal.

Send me a private message if you want some more info. I learned a lot when I was selling my XR and I can suggest some dealers who may help.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.