adding a light to 04 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • matt76

Posted September 17, 2004 - 10:46 PM

iwant to add just a headlight to my bike. everywhere i look i get told something different. i get told i need flywheel weights or a different flywheel. the only kits i can find has taillights and blinkers and i dont want that crap. can i just buy a moose or electres light stator and a regulator,and light without having to change flywheel or add weight to it. will i have trouble with the light not being bright enough?

• henrysdad

Posted September 18, 2004 - 05:00 AM

If you want to do it correctly get a E-line lighting stator. the electrex borrows from the magnito power and in some cases causes misfiring.this has happened to me and others here.

• Fastest1

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:26 AM

Do you want it for the street or to go night riding? There are some great nicad setups if you are only looking for an hour or two of night riding. They are bright and can be mounted and removed easily. Acerbis, Nightsun and Nightrider all make great lights but they will all have to be recharged after use. They are all waterproof also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted September 19, 2004 - 07:31 AM

Quick, easy and cheap: rob the power from TPS for lights, should be 5 Volts and enough for LED halogens. :cry: :cry:

• 4Stroke4Life

Posted September 19, 2004 - 10:50 AM

or if you want to go all out check out ricky stator. they have a really nice baja type kit. it is a little pricy, but remember, you get what you pay for. this kits is nice, and you can interchange it when you needit. so you can run you number plate all day, then come nighjt. you bolt the light bar onto your triple clamps, quick connect the wires, and your done. come morning. you unbolt the light bar, and put your number plate back on. :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted September 19, 2004 - 01:25 PM

On my bike I did it the right way and bought the stator and Flywheel for a WR. Can't this be done for the 450's. E-Line is great if you race desert and need to install a couple of 100 watt Piaa's or Daylighters but for the person that just wants to ride at night then get the WR stuff. The downfall with the E-Line is it creates alot of drag on the motor and give it gobs of flywheel effect. Not saying that it is bad.... Like some have said it is a world better then the Electrex stuff. :cry:

• tammie

Posted September 20, 2004 - 04:22 AM

I added the WR headlight to my 99 YZ400F, last year all i had was a battery hooked up with a homemade bracket to the triple clamp, kept the headlight running for about 3-4hours...then just recharge it.........this year however i went with the new stator and flywell weight to run off the engine as i have an enduro tail fenter with rear light too that runs off it.........

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.