XR600R Suspension

No replies to this topic
  • caffd01

Posted January 08, 2002 - 05:57 PM

I know the XR's soft suspension has been talked about before but here is another question. I have a 96 XR600 that gave the supermotard treatment (17' wheels, etc) and ride most of the time on the road. My biggest problem is the front end dive under braking. I installed a fork brace which has reduced the twisting of the forks.

I'm about 6'6" 240 without gear.
I went to the Race Tech site and the recommended fork spring rate was 0.482 kg/mm. The recommended shock spring rate was 11.500 kg/mm.

Now the questions. Anyone make heavier spring mods? Was it worth it. Also, Iv'e thought about a more exotic fix. Anyone try swapping a set of forks from a CR500? I've heard there is minimal tweaking involved?

Suggestions? (In addition to "move away from the buffet table.")

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.