Baja 250 in San Felipe

13 replies to this topic
  • WRipper

Posted January 08, 2002 - 09:13 AM

Anybody going to race/watch the 250?

• LC4Ryan2

Posted January 08, 2002 - 03:26 PM

Myself and at least three others will be prerunning the course and going to the race itself. San Felipe is the most fun Mexico race in the SCORE schedule. Its a real party atmosphere before, during and after the race. The weather is perfect there in March. Its a race not to be missed for sure. Pre running the course isnt bad either, as you dont really need a chase truck. Its a pretty rough race though, with lots of sandwashes that can eat up fuel faster than normal desert riding.

• WRipper

Posted January 08, 2002 - 07:57 PM

A friend and I were also planning to do a prerun! What days are you planning to ride?

• HOOLPE

Posted January 09, 2002 - 10:01 PM

My friends and I will be leaving on the morning of the 28th and we'll be staying at Pete's Camp. If you've never been, this a really good race. We were in SF for the 1000 but we were stuck in a canyon (near 3 poles) for 5 hours and missed the majority of the race.

• WRipper

Posted January 09, 2002 - 06:29 PM

Hoolpe are you planning to do some riding in San Felipe or are you just watching the race? (I will be staying at Eldorado or Pete's camp.) I was hoping to do a prerun, or at least part of it.
I will be in San Felipe on the 25th.

• WRipper

Posted January 09, 2002 - 06:34 PM

LC4Ryan2,
Are you looking for more people to prerun with or is it just a private affair?
WRipper

P.S. My E-mail is zachariasditoro@yahoo.com

• HOOLPE

Posted January 10, 2002 - 06:28 AM

WRipper,
Yeah, we will prerun a good portion of it on one day and we will usually ride out to Mike's for one
day too! Does anybody know how to get to the observatory from SF? I've never been there, but it's supposed to have an awesome view of both oceans from the top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRipper

Posted January 10, 2002 - 11:13 PM

Hoolpe,

I can get directions to Mike's Sky Ranch. I have friends who live in San Felipe.
I was looking on the Score web site and they are not showing an entry fee for the 250. Clearly this must be a mistake.
What do yoy need for a top speed to enter this race. (Any idea?) Sounds like a fun race!

WRipper

• HOOLPE

Posted January 11, 2002 - 06:27 AM

WRipper,
Getting to Mike's is not the problem. We just haven't been able to get to the Observatory from
Mike's. I was also wondering if there was a trail
that went directly from SF to the obs. As far as
top speed, that's really subjective. I run stock
gearing on my 650 and for the most part, I'm
satisfied with it. There's a couple of places that I wish I had more top end, but it would only
get me in trouble anyways. If you ran a 15/47 or 46, you should have plenty of top end speed.

• WRipper

Posted January 12, 2002 - 10:45 PM

Hoolpe,
Sorry about the error, I meant the Observatory not Mike's. 600 bucks to enter the 250 and that is not even for pro! 600 dollars to enter when there is no cash prize. Prerunning looks better every day.

• WRipper

Posted January 12, 2002 - 10:47 PM

Hoolpe,
What does your stock gearing give you for a top speed?

• HOOLPE

Posted January 14, 2002 - 09:48 AM

My best guesstimate would be the low 90's.

• corky

Posted January 16, 2002 - 02:51 PM

No trail fron San Felipe to observatory, have to go to Mike's first. Mike's will give directions from there. Corky

• HOOLPE

Posted January 17, 2002 - 10:06 PM

Thanks Corky, have you ever done the ride? Can
you ride all the way to the top?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.