handlebar & mount set up

1 reply to this topic
  • RedThunder

Posted January 07, 2002 - 10:46 PM

I was thinking about getting a set of Pro-Taper bars and mount kit (the kind that bolt onto the existing bar mounts) for my BRP. My main reason for wanting to do so is the mounts raise the bars 3/4", which is what I want. However, it appears that this would not only move my bars higher, but also closer in towards me. I don't want that. Am I right in thinking this? I'd like to keep the bar position the same (not moving them forward or back), and just raise the bars. Any way of accomplishing this? Higher bend handlebars don't provide a significant difference (I've already got Renthal CR-Hi bars).

Thanks for any advice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sshrt_rider

Posted January 08, 2002 - 01:11 PM

I have a Scott's upper triple clamp, and handlebar clamp for pro taper bars that came off my '01 650. I need to get rid of them cheap. This will help. If your interested contact me.

sshrtrider@aol.com

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: sshrt rider ]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.