Hello From Florida

11 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted September 17, 2004 - 01:09 PM

And from Florida426 Aka Bill Barnard and Family. :cry:

Bill sends his thanks to all those who are praying for Florida. Spoke with him a few minutes back, seems the area is devastated if anyone wants to help People in Florida, The best thing is to donate to the Red Cross.

They will be out of power and utilities from 3 weeks to 2 months they tell him. The whole Florida area is n shambles.

Glad to see folks are doing ok :cry:

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted September 17, 2004 - 03:40 PM

3 weeks to 2 months? Man I thought it was tough for us with just a week.

My sympathies.

• sirthumpalot

Posted September 17, 2004 - 07:28 PM

Frances just blew over us and my area was without power for almost exactly 7 days. It's amaizing how quickly you can shower when there's no hot water! And learning to sleep in 90 degree 95% humidity air is not that bad either.

From what I understand some areas of N Florida got pounded pretty good by Ivan. I hope they get back in shape quickly, the southern part of FL is just about back to normal thanks to the very very hard work of the electrical guys and our poliece, firefighters and everyone else working hard that I neglected to mention! Thank you to everyone who pitched in! :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted September 18, 2004 - 03:30 AM

John,

Tell Bill I said hi and that we are thinking of them. He really should pack up and come to the GMB and get away for awhile. John got a new RMZ...I bet he is itchin to get out and ride! :cry:

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:20 AM

John,

Tell Bill I said hi and that we are thinking of them. He really should pack up and come to the GMB and get away for awhile. John got a new RMZ...I bet he is itchin to get out and ride! :cry:

Wow john got an RMZ, I will ask Bill about that. I think they wen out riding the other day (In the Eye of the Storm) :cry: TRUE BLUE RIDERS :cry:

SirThump

Ya Bill was saying his area and surrounding is real bad, his house did not loose a single Shingle :cry: and all are ok. Others did not fair so well..

• Fastest1

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:29 AM

Good to hear Bill & family are alright! My prayers go out to the people affected by the hurricane's. Come on down to Houston for GMB3. Hope to see or hear from you soon. John.
Hey John why are you up so early?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:44 AM

Good to hear Bill & family are alright! My prayers go out to the people affected by the hurricane's. Come on down to Houston for GMB3. Hope to see or hear from you soon. John.
Hey John why are you up so early?

I am up at 4 rain or shine Have to met with the main man :cry:
Sadly once again, I am not able to get to GMB

• Fastest1

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:52 AM

John, sorry to hear you wont make it. I am going to try and go. I still havent ridden since last 12/19/03. I miss it and I am ready to ride again, not strong enough but just stupid enough :cry: We will miss you.

• cowboyona426

Posted September 18, 2004 - 09:04 AM

John, tell Bill and the family we are thinking of them and hoping they get things cleared up for them sooner rather than later :cry:

• Florida_426

Posted September 18, 2004 - 09:38 AM

Hello all,
Thanks to John for the post here for me. We got phone service back this morning. It still sounds grim for electrical sevice though. Yeh the cold showers are fun, but we have huge areas with no water yet so I am greatful. It seems like fthe whole state is cursed lately.

We have a small generator for the freezer and frige so we are doing alright for food and water. Others have no homes now so I feel really lucky. Y'all take care and ride safe.

Bill and John :cry:

• sirthumpalot

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:07 PM

If you have a sprinkler pump and your generator is big enough to run it, then you can use a washing machine hose (female end on both sides) to connect a garden hose from the sprinkler pump to the water spicket on the outside of the house. Turn off your connection to the main water line and turn on the sprinkler pump and you should have some running water in the house. Depending on your well you can decide if it's drinkable or not, but it will flush the toilets and provide some cold showers a couple of times a day. I hope the people in your area get their lives back in the right direction quickly!

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 18, 2004 - 06:19 PM

Semper FI Dude....

Bonzai :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.