02 WR426 Fork Seal Replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted September 17, 2004 - 04:25 AM

Hey guys,

I am about to attempt my first fork seal job on my WR. Any tips, and possibly a procedure for just replacing the oil and dust seals? Or do I need to replace anything else too. The manual says to replace several parts when rebuilding, but I only have about 20 hours on this bike so I don't think anything is worn out. Just got a little harsh on the forks and blew out the right seal. The left seal was soon to follow as I did not can the whole weekend, and rode with just the left fork for a while. Anyway, any advice and/or tips will be appreciated. Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrooster

Posted September 17, 2004 - 07:23 AM

from the 250F FAQ index page

scroll down to the maintenance section, and see

once you finish the seals, you'll need this page

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• jwriott

Posted September 17, 2004 - 08:38 AM

I'd also check and see if you have a nick in the lower leg. I had a very small one and it trashed the seal.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.