Edelbrock-Quicksilver Problem

2 replies to this topic
  • v400

Posted September 16, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Hello, I have the Edelbrock-Quicksilver on my xr650 and just started to have problems with the pump arm sticking, creating some pretty hard throttle response right off the bottom. Has anyone experienced this problem and how did you correct it?? I am also looking for some place online with a diagram. I would be greatful for any help, we are suppose to ride this thing in 1 week at the 24hr of Glen Helen and time is not on my side right now..

Mike P

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 16, 2004 - 09:19 PM

Call Edelbrock (or Barnums) tomorrow asap... Jason or Chris at Eddy will be of the utmost assistance.

My pumper arm bent at one time, but I have the first gen carb with the first plunger. I've since replaced it under warranty, thanks to Chris. Worst case, you can always bypass using it as a 'pumper' and ride.... again, Chris will tell ya. But they'll turn your carb around in one day if you send it in!! Simply amazing.

Good luck.

• BajaThmpr

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:56 PM

The pumper arm bent on my carb last December while in Baja. We were able to straighten so I could still have the pumper. Found the problem when the engine was revving at 3/4 throttle right after kicking it over.

I talked with Chris at Edelbrock. I pulled the pumper arm off the carb and sent it in. I had an updated arm within a few days. The arm is easy to take off: two small button head allen screws and a cotter pin.

I was told the original arms would become come weak from corrosion causing them to bend when giving the throttle a hard twist. I now spray a bit of wd-40 inside the boot of the arm.

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  57 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.