Enduro Speedometer

4 replies to this topic
  • bgorm

Posted January 02, 2002 - 05:25 PM

I put the Baja Designs dual sport kit on my 2001 XR650R. Now I am looking for a good speedometer. I have looked at the ICO Auto Cal and Panoram models. Anyone have any thoughts?

• mikew

Posted January 11, 2002 - 05:27 AM

I just mounted a Panoram that I received from "Santa" on my XR400. It seems like a pretty nice unit. It even has provision to be able to be used on two different bikes. The ride time feature is also really cool. The clock actually stops when the wheel stops and starts when the wheel starts. That way, you get an accurate representation of saddle time. My only concern at this point will be long term reliability. I'll post again in a couple months after I've had it on for awhile!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • papa224

Posted January 12, 2002 - 07:33 AM

I am glad to hear you like it. mine should be here in the next day or two. i let you guys know how it goes.

• Steve_Claus

Posted January 12, 2002 - 08:58 AM

Originally posted by bgorm:
I put the Baja Designs dual sport kit on my 2001 XR650R. Now I am looking for a good speedometer. I have looked at the ICO Auto Cal and Panoram models. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've had a TrailTech Panoram on my WR426 since it was new..love it! ...AND...You can now purchase them from ThumperTalk! :)

Just go to the main page (ThumperTalk.com) and click on the picture of my WR with TT fender stickers on it!

--Steve

• Troy_Bell

Posted January 19, 2002 - 06:25 PM

I have an XR650R and I installed the analog speedo from Baja Designs, but it kept skipping numbers in the tripometer. I exchanged it for the Panoram computer and I love it. It appears to be very accurate because after an 84 mile trip, I was only 9/10ths of a mile off from my brothers DR650 speedo. The only thing I don't like about it is you can't keep the backlight on continously at night. Other than that, I feel it is worth every penny.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.