id 250f question for you

1 reply to this topic
  • sarg

Posted September 16, 2004 - 06:09 PM

heading to st. anthony from alberta on oct 8 to 12. i know about the dunes but how are the trails? i have a 250f and will be buying a 2nd bike either a 05yz 450 or an 05yz 2 stroke 250. which will be more fun? i wplan on running the old 250f on the trails with a regular sand tire and putting a 8 paddle on the new bike.good idea? any suggestions. i am having a diificult time deciding between the 450 or 2 smoke 250. i have owned at least 10 250 smokers over the years but i love my little F. i have very little time on a 450. that new aluma bike sure feels nice on the showroom. i'm leaning towards it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • id250f

Posted September 17, 2004 - 07:30 PM

took the 250 trail riding a 'couple weekends ago ... no problems getting up and over anything ... and it's so light and nimble, it's easy to move around through the tight stuff ... or over logs, etc.

I never had any trouble with my 450 either, it's just a little more work .... I got the 250 primarily because i race a lot of tracks and was looking for something "different" to see if it'd help me in the getting faster / smoother department.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.