cylinder wall material?

1 reply to this topic
  • Jason_Pettis

Posted January 01, 2002 - 09:42 PM

anyone know wether the cylinder on a '95 XR600R is cast iron or nickasil (sp?). the piston noise, at least thats what i think it is, is getting quite loud and im wondering if it can be bored to a larger size or will i need a new barrel?
just for some background, i already threw that automatic decompressor as far as i could into the desert behind my house cause it started clunking about 30 miles into the mountains making me think i was going to have to push that beast home...lol so i know its not that. and valve adjust is good also.
thanks
jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RedThunder

Posted January 02, 2002 - 08:52 AM

Its not nikasil.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.