Kick Stand Bypass

11 replies to this topic
  • allan68

Posted September 16, 2004 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the kickstand cut off switch?
Has anyone bypassed this by attaching the wires?
I haven't has any problem yet, but would like to before I am stranded in the middle of nowhere one day.
Any instruction would be appreciated.

Al :thumbsup:

• qadsan

Posted September 16, 2004 - 03:16 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the kickstand cut off switch?

kickstand cut off switch :awww: :thumbsup: :devil:

• KEVXR416

Posted September 16, 2004 - 03:27 PM

it depends if the switch on the cutoff is normaly open or normaly closed. this is easy to figure out disconnect the wires and connect them and try to the start bike. wont start disconnect the wire then try to start the bike one way or another it should work :devil: then after just hide the wires under the seat and tape them real good so they dont ground out :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted September 16, 2004 - 04:58 PM

All street bike have a switch at the kick stand, that if the kick stand is down you can't ride away. Honda has it setup that you can start the bike in nuetral but, once you shift the bike is cut off. It's a kill switch.

• DirtyChris

Posted September 16, 2004 - 05:09 PM

Its an "L" thing.

• qadsan

Posted September 16, 2004 - 05:27 PM

That's good to know :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted September 16, 2004 - 07:15 PM

When I bought my new ST1300 Posted Image I forgot about it and couldn't figure out why the bike would die once I put it in gear (you can't see the kick stand down). This was a week after I bought it. I was just about to get off the bike and call the dealer as I went to put the kick stand down it already was and the light came on :thumbsup: I haven't had a real street bike for 10 years!

• DirtyChris

Posted September 16, 2004 - 09:54 PM

Those ST1300 are s'posed to be awesome...
Sport bike handling and power, goldwing/BMW comfort and cargo.

• BWB63

Posted September 17, 2004 - 06:14 AM

It isn't the bike I was going to buy but, the wife liked it and though that was the bike we should get....I had a Goldwing for a while and it was nice, but it was time for another croutch rocket.....well I got this and it is sweet....it will stand right up with no clutch and stay on one wheel all the way down the street! My wife and I went 834 miles round trip on it for our 20th wedding aniversary and yes, it is confortable. I got the back box that comes off like the side box' do...just unlock press a botton and carry it all to your hotel room! The ticket wasn't much fun though, I was doing 110 and he let my wife I off for 75.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 17, 2004 - 08:50 AM

I broke my switch- it has a ground lead, and 2 other leads. I'll have to refer back to the schem to see what I did to bypass it.

Trail-Tip: to bypass ALL the safeties and interlocks (to debug a prob. or to get you going on the trail) take the 2 wires that go to the clutch lever switch, short them together AND connect them to ground.
This bypasses the starting/running interlocks for the kickstand, neutral, and the clutch.

-Dave

• allan68

Posted September 19, 2004 - 05:49 AM

I bypassed the kickstand safety switch today.
Very simple. Cut open wire casing just above kickstand. Cut the green wire in two, and grounded it to a nearby bolt.
Yellow wire went to the kickstand light, which is still functional.
Soldered all wires, which is a must on dirtbikes because anything else will eventually come apart.

Al :cry:

• MotoChris521

Posted September 19, 2004 - 06:09 AM

You could remove the whole switch/ harness assy., and just make a jumper at the connector under the seat.I also yanked my rear brake light sw(trying to save every once possible) :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.