5 replies to this topic
  • papa224

Posted December 27, 2001 - 07:42 PM


I want to make my 97 XR600 legal in florida. Does anyone know how to apply for a title and tag in florida and how many hoops I have to jump to make it happen.I can convert the bike,its getting the title and tag from the state where I am lost.I am open to suggestions. Thanx

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: papa224 ]

  • TUCKER330

Posted December 28, 2001 - 02:28 AM


If you go to this web site, www.wdsrc.com, they will explain how to get a tilte and tag for your bike.

  • papa224

Posted December 28, 2001 - 09:22 AM


Thank you that is a great site i will try it. It looks like it will work stay tuned for updates!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted December 28, 2001 - 12:24 PM


you can always use the line that I do "it is a XL600"

  • papa224

Posted December 28, 2001 - 02:51 PM


if i say its an xl when thy run the vin will it come up xr?

  • Matt96xr6

Posted December 28, 2001 - 04:29 PM


DMV here did not run the vin, nor did they ask to see the bike.

my title had a model of VT on it which they nor I understood. Made things easier and there was already a plate number on the title. So I just filed for a lost one. talk to your local dealer if you need help. My local dealer has one guy that has gotten tags for a lot of customers local.

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.