IMHO Baja Designs is....

2 replies to this topic
  • mikekay

Posted September 15, 2004 - 09:22 PM

awesome.

I bought a Tecate light today at BD. Our Dakar Team will have three XR650's and we have all decided the Baja Designs Tecate light is the best option for us.
After looking at all the options---including frame mounts, fork mounts, single vs. dual halogen and HID, etc., we went with reliability and field fixability.
Reasoning is that the backup of a second light, and the fact that we can carry a backup halogen bulb in case a camel takes it out..is the best insurance for getting back to the bivouac.

Baja Designs had already built me a custom HID 8" system with an aluminum mount that bolts to a frame welded brace. It was sitting there on the bench ready to go....They were totally cool with our team changing our mind-reasoning that they could sell it to someone else. Great product, great sevice, great company....Baja Designs rocks! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted September 15, 2004 - 10:47 PM

Good to know. This is right in line with my "DIY Baja/Dakar light" thread. I was looking at the Tecate if I decided to buy a setup.

• Tarkus

Posted September 17, 2004 - 11:00 PM

I've had extensive dealings with Baja-Designs since buying a pig in April 2000, and not once have they ever let me down...
Awesome company :cry:
As for the Tecate light, I run a 75watt MR-16 halogen in the upper light and I couldn't believe the massive amount of coverage this compact, numberplate style kit put out. Driving down a rural valley crossing it lit up the other side of the valley while I was still going down INTO the valley. Also while on a straight stretch it BRIGHTLY lit a pair of coyotes 50-60 yards off in the 10 o:clock direction...good for safety at 70m.p.h. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.