have you seen this???????????????????????

11 replies to this topic
  • jws

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image FMX650

The new FMX650 is a dual sport model featuring an air-cooled, four-stroke,
single-cylinder, 650cc
engine and super motard styling. With fun motoring as its design concept, the
FMX650 is equally
at home in the city or out on the highway. Starting in spring 2005, the FMX650
will be released
in a wide range of European markets. The FMX650 is manufactured by Honda
affiliate Montesa Honda
S.A. of Spain, and annual European sales are projected to reach 7,000 units

• qadsan

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Yes...

http://www.thumperta...5/o/all/fpart/1

http://www.thumperta...5/o/all/fpart/1

• FlyByWire

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:43 PM

I dont understand the whole motard thing... :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:51 PM

I think I would like to rip the forks apart and see if there any good for off road.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:53 PM

Me iether, I only dual sport a bike so I can ride forest service roads. If I want to ride the street it will not be on my street legal KX500 or my street legal 525EXC. I will buy a road bike or possibly a Kawasaki KLR650. Now if this new Honda competes head on with the KLR or XR650L I would buy one. I like the KLR just a little better cause it's more freeway worthy than the XRL. I already have bikes that are more dirt worthy.

• fourstrokin650

Posted September 15, 2004 - 08:06 PM

Me iether, I only dual sport a bike so I can ride forest service roads. If I want to ride the street it will not be on my street legal KX500 or my street legal 525EXC. I will buy a road bike or possibly a Kawasaki KLR650. Now if this new Honda competes head on with the KLR or XR650L I would buy one. I like the KLR just a little better cause it's more freeway worthy than the XRL. I already have bikes that are more dirt worthy.

I tried owning a street bike and a dirtbike and found that I am way too comfortable on the dirtbike to be able to get comfortable on the street bike. I just sold it and am gonna use my XR for both after trying my buddy's Duke. Way more fun and natural to me than the street bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted September 16, 2004 - 04:04 AM

Yes...

:thumbsup: :devil: :awww: i saw the other posts after i posted

• ZRXToolman

Posted September 16, 2004 - 07:38 AM

I think the Motard thing is just a way for dirt bikers to ride what they feel comfortable riding. I like riding my dirt bike on the street, but my 606's don't handle that well at 75 - 80 on the street.

I'd consider buying one!

Tim

• SaltyWalrus

Posted September 16, 2004 - 10:59 AM

I am sure racing super motard is a blast. Not to mention two bikes in one with a simple swap of the tires. Suspension set up for dirt of course.

• truck6driver

Posted September 16, 2004 - 12:32 PM

Remember where this bike is sold at. Europe does not have the network of well paved roads that we in the states have. Some towns still use the origional stone paved roads. Small streets rough terrian and tight turns make dual sports the bike of choice. You will find many different dual sport bikes in Europe that you will not find here. Some dual sport bikes cc's start at 750cc to over 900cc V twins. This bike seems to be an updated version of the NX. Same engine new plastics and wheel combo. I wish my XR had dual exhaust, looks too wild. :thumbsup: Too bad it is not sold in the states, would make an awsome commuter bike.
Ray H

• Haggis

Posted September 17, 2004 - 08:06 AM

Remember where this bike is sold at. Europe does not have the network of well paved roads that we in the states have. Some towns still use the origional stone paved roads. Small streets rough terrian and tight turns make dual sports the bike of choice.

Ha ha brilliant!! I guess what you mean is that we in europe have roads with bends in eh????

• truck6driver

Posted September 18, 2004 - 09:00 AM

My appologies,
What I meant to get across is the roads are older roads. To find a cobble stone road in a town in the states is next to impossible. Here in the states the government will buy houses and other buildings and tear them down to make the roads wider to handle increased traffic. You will find people here complain if a small pot hole appears and they have to move their steering wheel to avoid it. I wish I had a dollar for every mile of asphalt laid in this country.

Sorry I did not intend to imply that you did not have many roads there.
Ray

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.