Trailtech Computer

13 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:23 PM

Are they good for Enduros?

• Gadsen

Posted September 15, 2004 - 09:06 PM

You bet they are perfect. They can be set to let you know with an arrow if you need to speed up, or slow down. It has odomoter, miles per hour, clock, total time, maximum speed, stopped time, riding time, average speed. And get the billet mount too. Here is a picture of the one on my new WR450F. Oh, it also has maintannce reminders you can set and you can push a clip, remove it and put it in your pocket, swap it to another bike with a second set if numbers, its has "bike 1 and bike 2", you cant go wrong withthese and they are a product of my home state beside. I bought mine for $72, billet mount was about $40, but as you can see, it sure makes it look factory!
Posted Image

• Hamish

Posted September 15, 2004 - 11:44 PM

mine died a while ago, but I'd had it for years and it was only the bicycle version.
I heard the new one has the ability to hardwire the backlight. Anyone got one of them?

• Brettv

Posted September 16, 2004 - 03:13 AM

Hamish, you might know, is the trail tech legal for getting a roadworthy? full reg? or do u need to run a cable driven or something verified? :thumbsup:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted September 16, 2004 - 05:15 AM

I like that holding bracket you have. How much is one of those and where?

You bet they are perfect. They can be set to let you know with an arrow if you need to speed up, or slow down. It has odomoter, miles per hour, clock, total time, maximum speed, stopped time, riding time, average speed. And get the billet mount too. Here is a picture of the one on my new WR450F. Oh, it also has maintannce reminders you can set and you can push a clip, remove it and put it in your pocket, swap it to another bike with a second set if numbers, its has "bike 1 and bike 2", you cant go wrong withthese and they are a product of my home state beside. I bought mine for $72, billet mount was about $40, but as you can see, it sure makes it look factory!
Posted Image

• mtrablue

Posted September 16, 2004 - 06:15 PM

i'm not sure about the motorcycle style, but the bicycle version can not be reset in tenths. you can reset the odometer to what you want but not the distance. distance can only be zero'd. distance/speed is the default mode. i noticed when i tried to run in the odometer mode it would go back to the distance /speed mode. it'll be a problem if there are any resets in your enduro.

can any of the guys using the motorcycle version tell us if you can reset the distance or only zero it.

• shotgunscott

Posted September 16, 2004 - 07:29 PM

i'm not sure about the motorcycle style, but the bicycle version can not be reset in tenths. you can reset the odometer to what you want but not the distance. distance can only be zero'd. distance/speed is the default mode. i noticed when i tried to run in the odometer mode it would go back to the distance /speed mode. it'll be a problem if there are any resets in your enduro.

can any of the guys using the motorcycle version tell us if you can reset the distance or only zero it.

The motorcycle version can be reset up or down in tenths. I've used mine for a couple of years in time keeping Enduros and its worked pretty good. The only complaint that I have is the odometer display is to small and hard to read when in motion and unless you're really tricky you will need to stop to do your reset.
Otherwise I think it's a good value for for the entry level enduro rider and anyone converting a bike over to dual sport or just keeping track of your overall mileage and hours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted September 16, 2004 - 08:54 PM

This is the Trail Tech Billet mount, get it anywhere you get the trail tech computer too. Cost was about $40

• Hamish

Posted September 16, 2004 - 08:57 PM

Hamish, you might know, is the trail tech legal for getting a roadworthy?

Very much doubt it, but neither are my tyres, exhaust, headlight and blinkers. Havent even had a speedo for the last few months. Even when I got pulled over for doing wheelies on the street :thumbsup: the cops didnt say anything about my bike, just the way I was riding it

• swamprunner

Posted September 17, 2004 - 01:50 PM

So does the trailtech computer have a odometer that records total miles on the bike and a resetable trip meter that you can reset whenever you like...after each ride or each tank of gas ect ect.

• chipwich

Posted September 17, 2004 - 02:26 PM

yep. resetable and adjustable on the fly. ride/trip/odo

• wrooster

Posted September 17, 2004 - 06:32 PM

see also
http://www.thumperta...&Number=1149675

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• INJURY_69

Posted September 18, 2004 - 07:41 PM

Know of any similiar units that incorporate gps ?

• b-bike

Posted September 18, 2004 - 08:12 PM

You bet they are perfect. Posted Image

Hey... that looks just like my set-up! Renthal's and everything. :cry: :cry:
Nice looking bike.

Boyd

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.