HIGH IDLE

2 replies to this topic
  • HOOLPE

Posted December 18, 2001 - 10:09 PM

Hi, this is my first time on the board and this
looks a really informative site. Now for the question. Does anybody experience the problem of high idling when you come to a stop? It doesnt' occur all the time and it will go away if I blip the throttle a couple of times. The problem existed when it was stock and after I added a XR's pipe, manifold, uni and jetting. It's not due to the cable routings either because I've turned the bars lock to lock and the rpm's don't change. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted December 18, 2001 - 10:28 PM

HOOLPE,
Turn the idle screw down a little. Quite a few of us had the same issue. Just back the idle down a bit and the "hanging idle" will go away.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

• Moredesert

Posted December 21, 2001 - 08:45 PM

You might have to adjust the air screw a little. Do it hot

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.